“The Hunger of Memory”
Persona and Audience Relations
Socratic Seminar Questions: Be prepared to respond to the following questions related to “Grape Sherbet,” “Woman With Kite,” “Persepolis,” “The Hunger of Memory,” and if you are in honors Bless Me, Ultima or How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents.
- Why did the author choose this title?
- Does the title fit the purpose?
- What does the title mean?
- What is the tone of the piece?
- How do you know?
- Explain if cultural identity is important to the author?
- How does the author or characters define success?
- Who is considered successful (Author/characters)?
- Who is the audience?
- In what ways does the text resonate with you?
- Have you had any similar conflicts?
Varied Sentence Structure
“Thanksgiving: A Personal History”
internal and external changes; perspective